To celebrate, I thought I would talk about the top 10 reasons dental care for pets is important to furry children and their parents. Your pet’s oral health is at least as important as your own-it can prevent heart damage and other health problems.
This goes-please feels free to share these with your friends so most of us understand how important this can be:
- A furry friend with healthy teeth is a pet with greater breadth. I think everyone knows that’ true-it’s the same for human beings, right?
- Dental disease in animals may lead to problems with other organs, like the heart. Baby teeth that don’t drop out may cause problems, too. Did you know that adult dogs have 42 teeth and full-grown cats have 30? If all a dog’s or cat’s baby teeth don’t come outside, it may result in gum irritation and tartar buildup.
- Periodontal disease may be brought on by plaque buildup. For this reason, it is important to remove plaque from the pet’s teeth. Maintain reading-we’ll go into “how” in a little bit.
- Pets that don’t get dental care can lose their teeth.
- Cats and dogs are good at hiding pain-you might now understand there is a problem until it is serious.
- Teeth use out-as they wear down, the tooth’s root may become exposed which can be debilitating.
Dental care for pets can be very expensive if you do it in a vet’s office. This may not be so bad for one, but if you’ve got several pets, then that bill may run up into the thousands. Who can afford these days?
Save yourself some money and Have a Look at a few ways to handle animal dental health in the home:
Give your dog chewy bones. Chewy bones are created specifically to prevent periodontal disease. That is when bacteria causes the gums to become inflamed which induces loose teeth.
Chew-bone toys also help eliminate plaque and promote good breath.
Find a toothbrush that will fit your pet’s mouth-they are made for both cats and dogs. Try to find a toothpaste that has a wonderful flavor, like vanilla, and search for the ingredient “chlorohexidine”, which will help fight gum disease and germs.
If this sounds hard to you, here are a couple of videos that show how to perform it…
You will find products you can enhance your pet’s water to kill bacteria that cause bad breath. Additionally, it protects your pet’s teeth.
Additionally, there are treats available for dogs and cats who clean their teeth and freshen their breath by using chlorophyll. We’ve all heard of “Greenies”, correct?
What Have We Learned?
It’s safe to say the motives for getting dental care for pets would be the very same reasons we’ve got it for human beings. Good breath and preventing harm to other organs are significant for everyone.
If you would like to take your pets to the vet for their dental care but can’t afford it, you might check into pet insurance to see whether a dental plan is offered (again, just like ours!).
I’d really like to hear any ideas you have to keep your pet’s teeth clean. Maybe you have done something which was not covered here.
At Animal Hospital of North Asheville vet, our veterinarians offer you high-quality dental care for your cats and dogs, including teeth whitening, dental check-ups, and dental surgery in Asheville.
You may be surprised to understand that periodontal disease is the most common disorder for pets. Just like humans, they can also suffer from cavities, orthodontic problems, and cracked teeth.
Our veterinary team offers complete veterinary pet dental care, such as dental surgeries, dental x-rays, cleaning and polishing your pet’s teeth, and also teaching you on home dental care options. Learn more about us right here.